“Duck, Duck, Goose” is a traditional circle game suitable for toddlers and younger children. It is also called “Quack, Quack, Honk”, “Duck, Duck, Grey Duck,” “Daisy in the Dell”, “Quail, Quail, Quarry” or “Pato, Pato, Ganso“.
Its “summer version” is Drip, Drip, Splash.
Table of Contents
Duck Duck Goose Game Info
There are numerous variations of this game around the world, like the “Drip, Drip, Drop“, where the picker drips a small amount of water on each person’s head instead of tapping them, or the “Daisy in the Dell”where the picker outside the circle says “Daisy in the dell, I don’t pick you … I do pick you“.
Duck Duck Goose Game Instructions
- A group of players sit in a circle, facing inward.
- One of them (who is called the “it”), walks around tapping or pointing to each player in turn, calling each one a “duck”, until finally calls one a “goose“.
- The “goose” then stands up and starts to chase the “it” player.
- The “it” tries to return to and sit where the goose had been sitting before.
- If the chasee (the person chased) succeeds, the chaser becomes the chasee and the process begins again.
- If the chaser tags the chasee, the chaser may return to their previous spot and the original chasee restarts the process.
How to play Duck Duck Goose – Video
Here’s how this game is played.
Did you like this post?
You may also like: