These are the most popular Christmas Songs lyrics to read, sing or print out.
This Christmas Eve you might need the exact lyrics to all the wonderful festive songs and traditional Christmas songs you’ve known your entire life. Although some classics are easy as ABC, some others have slightly more complicated lyrics and are often misheard, so it’s time to solve the mystery of those Christmas song lyrics.
That being said, this collection of Christmas lyrics includes classic Christmas carols, Christian hymns, and favorite Christmas songs – and it will come in handy as the world is about to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
Whether you only want to read these Christmas song lyrics as you listen to the tunes or print them as well and sing along some Christmas music, this collection is all you need (as you can find a free printable PDF for each song). The spirit of Christmas couldn’t get merrier now!
Join if you love to sing and Merry Christmas!
Table of Contents
- Free Printable Christmas Songs Lyrics in English (PDF)
- All Our Lyrics to Christmas Songs Alphabetically
- The Themes of Christmas Songs Lyrics
- 2-hour Xmas Karaoke Playlist : Christmas Songs Lyrics
Free Printable Christmas Songs Lyrics in English (PDF)
The largest and ever-expanding collection of popular Christmas songs lyrics on the web, brought to you by Singing Bell.
Besides being able to read the lyrics, you get a free PDF file you can print and hand out.
- A Baby Just Like You
- A Holly Jolly Christmas
- A Visit from Saint Nicholas (‘Twas the Night Before Christmas)
- Adeste Fideles
- All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth
- All I Want for Christmas is You
- Amazing Grace
- Angels, From the Realm of Glory
- Angels We Have Heard On High (Gloria In Excelsis Deo)
- Auld Lang Syne
- Away in a Manger
- Blue Christmas
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
- Carol of the Bells
- Caroling, Caroling
- Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (The Christmas Song)
- Children, Go Where I Send Thee
- Christ Is Born In Bethlehem
- Christmas Dinner
- Christmas For Cowboys
- Christmas in Killarney
- Christmas Lullaby
- Christmas Time is Here
- Christmas Without You
- Coventry Carol
- Deck The Halls
- Ding Dong Merrily On High
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? (Band Aid Christmas Song)
- Do You Hear What I Hear?
- Dona Nobis Pacem
- ¿Dónde Está Santa Claus?
- Feliz Navidad
- First Noel, The
- Frosty the Snowman
- From Starry Skies Thou Comest
- Fum Fum Fum
- Gabriel’s Message
- Gentle Mary Laid Her Child
- Gloucestershire Wassail
- Go Tell it on the Mountain
- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice
- Good King Wenceslas
- Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
- Greatest Gift of All, The
- Hallelujah Chorus (from Handel’s Messiah)
- Happy Xmas (War is over)
- Hark The Herald Angels Sing
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- He is Born, the Heav’nly Child
- Here Comes Santa Claus
- Here We Come A-Wassailing
- Hey Ho Nobody Home
- Holly and the Ivy, The
- (There’s No Place Like) Home for the Holidays
- Huachi Torito
- Huron Carol, The (Twas in the Moon of Wintertime)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- I Saw Three Ships (Come Sailing In)
- I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas
- In the Bleak Midwinter
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Jingle Bells
- Jingle Bells Batman Smells
- Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
- Joy to the World
- Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee
- Last Christmas
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!
- Let There Be Peace On Earth
- Little Drummer Boy
- Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming
- Mary’s Boy Child
- Mary’s Boy Child – Oh My Lord
- Mele Kalikimaka Lyrics (Hawaiian Christmas Song)
- Merry Christmas From the Family
- Mi Burrito Sabanero
- Must Be Santa
- Nuttin’ For Christmas
- O Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum)
- O Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel (Veni, veni, Emmanuel)
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- O Holy Night
- Oh Come Little Children
- Pat-a-pan (Willie, Take Your Little Drum)
- Pine Cones And Holly Berries
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
- Santa Baby
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- Santa Tell Me
- Silent Night
- Silver Bells
- Sleep Well, Little Children
- Sleigh Ride
- Sussex Carol (On Christmas Night All Christians Sing)
- Suzy Snowflake
- The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)
- The Christmas Song (Chestnuts)
- The Friendly Beasts
- The Greatest Gift of All
- The Grinch Theme Song (You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch)
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- This Is That Time Of The Year
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Twinkle Twinkle Christmas Star
- Up on the Housetop
- We Three Kings (of Orient are)
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- What Child is This?
- Where is Santa?
- While Shepherds Watched their Flocks
- White Christmas
- Winter Wonderland
- Willie, Take Your Little Drum (Pat-a-pan)
All Our Lyrics to Christmas Songs Alphabetically
(includes songs in French, Spanish, Italian, German and Greek)
The Themes of Christmas Songs Lyrics
Lyricists have found many ways to write about Christmas. Although the birth of Jesus Christ is the obvious topic, the lyrics to Christmas songs have a wide range of themes, whether they are traditional Christmas tunes or popular rock, pop and jazz compositions of the last century.
These are some recurring themes you will find in these songs:
This is a theme that runs through the majority of all the Christmas songs lyrics. These carols, original songs and hymns bring the news of the birth of Jesus, describe the Nativity scene, call Christians to go to Bethlehem or praise God for the coming of the Savior.
Christmas tunes with religious themes include Do You Hear What I Hear?, Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, and Away in a Manger, as well as many hymns, either in English (Joy to the World, O Holy Night, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing) or in Latin (Adeste Fideles and Gloria In Excelsis Deo).
Home, customs & traditions
Christmas is about spending valuable time with your family, so many Christmas songs lyrics talk about the bliss of being at home or coming back home for the holidays.
Songs with such lyrics are Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (The Christmas Song), I’ll Be Home For Christmas, Up on the Housetop and (There’s No Place Like) Home for the Holidays.
Whether it’s Saint Nicholas himself or the mighty Reindeer pulling his sleigh, many songs refer to Santa Claus. He’s the one bringing all Christmas gifts after all, right? 😉
Some typical Christmas songs and carols talking about Santa and the crew are obviously Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Must Be Santa, Ariana Grande’s Santa Tell Me, Jolly Old Saint Nicholas and of course Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Parties, Dinners & Celebrations
You can’t go far without a proper party song! From carols originally sung centuries ago to Brenda Lee and José Feliciano, the tunes in this category abound in Christmas joy. Of course, dinners and delicacies also find their way into these lyrics.
Christmas celebration & party songs include Feliz Navidad, A Holly Jolly Christmas, Jingle Bell Rock, Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree, as well as traditional carols like Deck The Halls, Gloucestershire Wassail, and Here We Come A-Wassailing.
Expressing one’s love and affection for a person is a recurring theme in Christmas songs.
Missing something or someone/lost love
Just as Yuletide often means all types of gatherings, several songs talk about missing a place, being homesick or remembering a love that was lost and expressing heartbreaks.
Snow & Winter scenes
Snow brings the white color of Christmas and gives us material for snowmen-building.
Peace on Earth & Helping our Fellow Man
Caring for one another, treating everyone equally and bringing peace and prosperity all over the world are common themes in Christian teachings, but also a demand in modern times.
Songs with lyrics like these include Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas?, John Lennon’s Happy Xmas (War is over), Nuttin’ For Christmas, and of course Let There Be Peace On Earth and Dona Nobis Pacem.
Some Christmas songs lyrics have unexpected themes, sometimes making historical references, talking about musical instruments, praising plants and flowers or simply playing with words.
Finally, The 12 Days of Christmas is a game of word and verses, making it a true favorite for choirs and student concerts.
2-hour Xmas Karaoke Playlist : Christmas Songs Lyrics
Enjoy this Christmas season by singing Christmas songs yourself.
Like it? Pin it!
Listen to our Christmas albums:
16 Favourite Christmas Songs for Karaoke
Absolute Christmas classics, from traditional carols to everlasting Christmas hits, find their way to this karaoke album.
30 Favourite Christmas Carols for Karaoke
Hymns, beautiful melodies and a range of sounds from medieval to pop, all find their place on this album that is destined to charm parents and kids alike.
Singing Christmas with our Kids, Vol.1
Christmas is a time to rejoice, and singing certainly does bring that. This is your chance to teach your children some all-time favorite carols and sing them along yourself, too.
Did you like this post?
You may also like: