“Hush, Little Baby” is a traditional lullaby, thought to have been written in the Southern United States.The lyrics promise all kinds of rewards to the child if he or she is quiet.
The simple structure allows more verses to be added ad lib. The song has been performed and recorded by many artists including Joan Baez, Regina Spektor, Nina Simone, The Weavers and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
On this page you can find Lyrics, a Printable Lyrics PDF file for free Download and a Karaoke video of the song.
Printable Lyrics PDF
Click on the button to download a PDF file with lyrics to this song for free.
1. Hush, little baby, don’t say a word,
Mama’s gonna buy you a mockingbird.
2. And if that mockingbird don’t sing,
Mama’s gonna buy you a diamond ring
3. And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama’s gonna buy you a looking glass.
4. And if that looking glass is broke,
mama’s gonna buy you a billy goat.
5. And if that billy goat won’t pull,
Mama’s gonna buy you a cart and a bull.
6. And if that cart and bull turn over,
Mama’s gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
7. And if that dog named Rover won’t bark,
Mama’s gonna buy you a horse and a cart.
8. And if that horse and cart fall down,
you’ll still be the sweetest little baby in town.
Karaoke Video with Lyrics
Click on the button to watch a sing-along video and download an instrumental mp3 of this song for free.
You can click on the button for a printable PDF file with Guitar Chords, Tabs and Sheet Music with notes and tablature for this song for free.
Did you like this post ?
You may also like: