Teaching your class or your child about never giving up? These perseverance quotes for kids will help.
Perseverance is an important life skill that children should be taught from an early age. It is the ability to persist in the face of adversity and to keep pushing forward even when things get tough. Children who learn to persevere are better equipped to overcome challenges, set and achieve goals, and develop important character traits like resilience, determination, and grit.
In this blog post, we will explore what perseverance is, why it is important for kids to learn, and provide 20 famous perseverance quotes that can inspire children to keep going even when the going gets tough.
Table of Contents
- What is Perseverance? A definition for kids
- Why should kids be taught to persevere?
- 20 Famous Perseverance Quotes for Kids
What is Perseverance? A definition for kids
Perseverance means never giving up, even when things are tough.
It’s when you keep trying and working hard to achieve your goals, even if it takes a lot of effort or time. It’s like running a race and not stopping until you cross the finish line, even if you feel tired or out of breath.
Perseverance helps you grow stronger, learn new things, and reach your dreams!
Why should kids be taught to persevere?
Teaching kids to persevere is important because it helps them develop important life skills and qualities that will benefit them in many areas of their lives. Here are some reasons why kids should be taught to persevere:
- Builds resilience:
Perseverance teaches kids to bounce back from setbacks and overcome obstacles, which helps them become more resilient and better able to handle difficult situations.
- Develops problem-solving skills:
When kids persevere, they learn to approach problems creatively and find solutions through trial and error. This helps them develop problem-solving skills that they can apply to many areas of their lives.
- Encourages a growth mindset:
Perseverance helps kids develop a growth mindset, which means they believe they can improve and succeed with effort and hard work. This can help them become more motivated and confident in their abilities.
- Fosters independence:
When kids learn to persevere, they become more self-reliant and able to work independently. This is an important skill that can help them become more successful in school and in life.
- Builds character:
Perseverance helps kids develop important character traits like determination, patience, and grit. These qualities can help them become more successful and fulfilled in life.
Overall, teaching kids to persevere is an important part of helping them become confident, independent, and resilient individuals who are prepared to face life’s challenges with determination and a positive attitude.
20 Famous Perseverance Quotes for Kids
Here are 20 famous perseverance quotes that can inspire kids to keep going, even when things get tough:
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
- “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” – Brian Tracy
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
These quotes can remind kids that perseverance is important, and that success often comes to those who never give up.
Did you like this post?
You may also like: