Talking to kids about responsibility when we live in a comfortable world can turn out to be quite challenging. Accountability and good examples of mature adults can be motivations for improvement, but there is always need for some extra inspiration, which is where these famous responsibility quotes for kids come in,
Whether these words were said by leaders or celebrities, they can always be a great starting point when you would like to explain why a child should be responsible and transform into a reliable citizen tomorrow.
Table of Contents
- Inspirational Responsibility Quotes to Inspire an Accountable Attitude in Kids
- Motivational Responsibility Quotes for Kids to Encourage them to Take Authority
- Insightful Quotes for Kids to Teach them How to Take Responsibility and Stop Blaming Others
- Wise Responsibility Quotes for Kids to Help them Understand its Positive Effects
Inspirational Responsibility Quotes to Inspire an Accountable Attitude in Kids
Children’s behavior changes to the better when we encourage them to be responsible. They develop self-esteem and confidence as they feel that what they do really matters.
- In dreams begin responsibilities. William Butler Yeats
- The time is always right to do what is right. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The price of greatness is responsibility. Winston Churchill
- A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom. Bob Dylan
- No individual raindrop ever consider itself responsible for the flood. John Ruskin
- You are never responsible for the actions of others; you are only responsible for you. Miguel Ruiz
- It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do. Moliere
- If you can take responsibility for your own life, then you will begin to realize that you can change it. H. K. Abell
Motivational Responsibility Quotes for Kids to Encourage them to Take Authority
Positive incentives are always useful and effective as a means of education. You can use some of the following quotes to start a school day and stimulate your students on decision making and liability.
- Act as if what you do makes a different. It does. William James
- Be the change that you want to see in the world. Mohandas Gandhi
- Responsibility is a grace you give yourself, not an obligation. Dan Millman
- Hold dear to your parents for it is a scary and confusing world without them. Emily Dickinson
- Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them. Dalai Lama
- Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. Les Brown
- Until you accept responsibility for your life, someone else runs your life. Orrin Woodward
- Deliberately take the responsibility to change your life because you can; yes you can! Okorote Emmanuel
- Happiness is your responsibility. If you depend or wait for other people to make you happy you will always be disappointed. Byron Pulsifer
Insightful Quotes for Kids to Teach them How to Take Responsibility and Stop Blaming Others
It’s so often for young kids to put the blame on others when they are disappointed or wronged. The next step is to feel lonely and misunderstood. Parents and teachers have to deal with situations like this all the time at playgrounds and schoolyards. Yet, as soon as our kids realize the power and satisfaction that comes up with personal responsibility, they will feel happiness and calm assurance.
- Take responsibility for yourself; it’s very rewarding. Amanda Green
- You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. Abraham Lincoln
- The greatest people are ‘great’ because they’re willing to admit their greatest faults. Craig D. Lounsbrough
- Nothing will ever change while you point the finger of blame. Out of responsibility comes possibility. Lisa Villa Prosen
- When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself. Louis Nizer
- Accepting responsibility for your actions, WINNING
Always having an excuse for your actions, LOSING.
- No matter who betrays or rejects you, only you can take responsibility for your mental attitude. John Hagee
- We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until we have stopped saying ‘It got lost,’ and say, ‘I lost it.’ Sydney J. Harris
- When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy. Dalai Lama
Wise Responsibility Quotes for Kids to Help them Understand its Positive Effects
The more you love your child, the more you have to encourage it to become independent. Be a responsible role model that willingly undertake your duties; additionally, have a word of good advice available – in the following quotes you will definitely find one!
- Freedom without responsibility is like weight without gravity in physics — a logical impossibility. Robert C. Solomon
- Every right implies a responsibility, every opportunity and obligation, every possession, a duty. John D. Rockefeller
- The game is my life. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace. Michael Jordan
- The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence. Denis Waitley
- If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders. Pauline Phillips
Like it? Pin it!
Did you like this post?
You may also like: