Being kind is in fact a superpower. Kindness can spread to people we have been kind to, and then to the ones they treated kindly in turn.
As children grow up, we often look for something to balance the unwanted cruelty mankind experiences, and these quotes on kindness are a great inspiration.
Table of Contents
- Best Kindness Quotes for Kids
- Positive Kindness Quotes for Kids
- Quotes for Kids About Kindness at School
- Inspirational Kindness Quotes for Kids
- World Kindness Day : Explaining Kindness to Children
- Celebrate World Kindness Day at school
Best Kindness Quotes for Kids
- If you can be anything, be kind. Unknown
- Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. Maya Angelou
- Everywhere you go, leave a glitter trail of kindness behind you. Unknown
- A kind friend is the right kind of friend. Maya Angelou
- What this world needs is a new kind of army – the army of the kind. Cleveland Amory
- A kind word is like a Spring day. Russian Proverb
- If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours. Dolly Parton
- Never lose a chance of saying a kind word. William Makepeace Thackeray
- Be silly, be honest, be kind. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A man never loses anything by politeness. Henry Venn
- No one has ever become poor by giving. Anne Frank
- A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. William Arthur Ward
- A little madness a little kindness makes for happiness. Nicole Johnson
- Always be a little kinder than necessary. James M. Barrie
- Kindness gives birth to kindness. Sophocles
- Goodness is the only investment that never fails. Henry David Thoreau
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou
- It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice. Unknown
- Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused. Tommy Lee Jones
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention. Kahlil Gibran
- Kindness doesn’t cost you anything but will bring you riches beyond your wildest dreams. Unknown
- Manners and politeness will never become old-fashioned. Auliq Ice
- Manners easily and rapidly mature into morals. Horace Mann
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. Dalai Lama
- Never be so busy as not to think of others. Mother Teresa
- No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. Aesop
- Politeness is the flower of humanity. Joseph Joubert
- Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. Albert Einstein
- The only true source of politeness is consideration. William Gilmore Simm
- The simple act of caring is heroic. Edward Albert
- There is no angry way to say bubbles. Unknown
- You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Positive Kindness Quotes for Kids
- When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world. Harold Kushner
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift someone else up. Booker t. Washington
- Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind. Roy T. Bennett
- Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good. Minor Myers
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world. Mahatma Gandhi
- You can always, always give something, even if it is only kindness! Anne Frank
- Don’t wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, grateful, forgiving, generous, or friendly… lead the way! Steve Maraboli
- Forget injuries; never forget kindness. Confucius
- When you laugh, you change, and when you change, the world changes. Madan Kataria
- In about the same degree as you are helpful, you will be happy. Karl Reiland
- To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. Seuss
- In a world full of people who couldn’t care less, be someone who couldn’t care more. Unknown
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. Lao-Tzu
- Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver. Barbara De Angelis
- Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have. Margaret Mead
- There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. John Holmes
- Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege. John D. Rockefeller
- Those who are the happiest are those who do the most for others. Booker T. Washington
- Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not wound. Unknown
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. Winston Churchill
Quotes for Kids About Kindness at School
- Kind students are the coolest. Heidi McDonald
- Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Period. No exceptions. Kiana Tom
- Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most. Ashleigh Brilliant
- Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up. Jesse Jackson
- Always stop to think whether your fun may be the cause of another’s unhappiness. Aesop
- Good manners are just a way of showing other people that we have respect for them. Bill Kelly
- Do more than belong: participate.
Do more than care: help.
Do more than believe: practice.
Do more than be fair: be kind.
Do more than forgive: forget.
Do more than dream: work. William Arthur Ward
- If you want to change attitudes, start with a change in behavior. Katharine Hepburn
- Kind words don’t cost much. Yet they accomplish much. Blaise Pascal
- Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not. Samuel Johnson
- Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle. Plato
- Kindness makes a fellow feel good whether it’s being done to him or by him. Frank A. Clark
- No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave. Calvin Coolidge
- Of all virtues and dignities of the mind, goodness is the greatest. Francis Bacon
- One thing I believe strongly in this life is that you just don’t reward bad behavior. Phil
- Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
- Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates:
Is it true?
Is it necessary?
Is it kind? A Sufi Saying
- Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are. Unknown
- Politeness is … forgetting ourselves in order to seek what may be agreeable to others. Wellins Calcott
- Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. Frank A. Clark
- Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne
- Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world. Roy T. Bennett
- The best way to knock the chip off your neighbor’s shoulder is to pat him on the back. Unknown
- The very nature of kindness is to spread. If you are kind to others, today they will be kind to you, and tomorrow to somebody else. Sri Chinmoy
Inspirational Kindness Quotes for Kids
- Kind hearts are the gardens. Kind thoughts are the roots. Kind words are the blossoms. Kind deeds are the fruits. Kirpal Singh
- Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. Mark Twain
- A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives roses. Chinese Proverb
- How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it! George Elliston
- A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. Steve Maraboli
- I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness. Mother Teresa
- A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles. Washington Irving
- A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference. Eeyore, Winnie-the-Pooh
- Α kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword. Rick Riordan
- Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate. Albert Schweitzer
- Do one act of kindness each day of the year and change 365 lives. Anthony Douglas Williams
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single minute before starting to improve the world. Anne Frank
- What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness? Jean Jacques Rousseau
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. Dalai Lama
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa
- Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your heart for love. Author Unknown
- One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. Malayan Proverb
- Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind. Unknown
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. Mahatma Gandhi
- The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. Albert Einstein
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. Maya Angelou
- Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are. Roy T. Bennett
- Good manners encompass all the things that make the people around us feel good. Jacquie McTaggart
- If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. Roald Dahl
- When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. Abraham Joshua Heschel
- That best portion of a man’s life, his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. William Wordsworth
- Always remember people who have helped you along the way, and don’t forget to lift someone up. Roy T. Bennett
- Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go. Margaret Walker
World Kindness Day : Explaining Kindness to Children
World Kindness Day, celebrated on November 13th, is a special occasion that reminds us of the incredible power of being kind.
For kids, kindness means being friendly, helpful, and considerate towards others. It’s like spreading sunshine in someone’s day by sharing a smile, offering a hand, or saying something nice to make them feel happy.
Kindness isn’t just a word; it’s a magical way to create warm and caring connections with people around us.
When it comes to giving a definition of kindness to kids, you can say:
Kindness is when you do nice things to make someone feel happy and cared for. It’s like sharing a smile, helping a friend, or saying something kind to brighten their day. Being kind is like spreading love and happiness wherever you go!
Celebrate World Kindness Day at school
To celebrate World Kindness Day at school, here are three fun and meaningful ideas:
- Kindness Challenge: Create a “Kindness Challenge” chart where students can earn stickers or points for acts of kindness. Encourage them to do something kind for a classmate or teacher each day, like sharing a book, helping with a task, or offering a compliment. Celebrate their kindness achievements with a special ceremony or awards.
- Kindness Cards: Have students make “Kindness Cards” with uplifting messages or drawings. They can exchange these cards with their classmates or even leave them around the school for others to find. It’s a delightful way to spread positivity and brighten someone’s day.
- Kindness Assembly: Organize a school assembly where students can showcase their acts of kindness. Create a “Kindness Wall” where they can post notes or drawings illustrating their kind deeds. Invite a guest speaker or local community member to talk about the importance of kindness and the positive impact it has on everyone.
By celebrating World Kindness Day at school, we not only teach children the value of compassion and empathy but also inspire a culture of kindness that can last a lifetime.
Did you like this post?
Best Quotes for Kids
You may also like: