Nowadays, we are born with creations of science in our hands, so it can often be hard to explain what’s the use of science to children.
With kids being computer and internet natives waiting to buy their first autonomous car when they grow up, this collection of quotes can be a source of inspiration for those who have the aspiration to become the scientists of tomorrow.
Short Science Quotes for Kids by Famous Scientists
Here are some meaningful quotes that your kids will love!
- Science rules! Bill Nye
- We are all star stuff. Carl Sagan
- Why are things as they are and not otherwise? Johannes Kepler
- Wonder is the seed of knowledge. Francis Bacon
- To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison
- Magic’s just science that we don’t understand yet. Arthur C. Clarke
- The important thing is to never stop questioning [or learning]. Albert Einstein
- We see only what we know. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants. Isaac Newton
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein
- But in my opinion, all things in nature occur mathematically. Rene Descartes
- Science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding. Brian Greene
- You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself. Galileo
Science Quotes for Kids to keep them Motivated in Classroom
These quotes are carefully selected to offer students an insightful viewpoint of Science and boost their enthusiasm!
- Millions saw the apple fall, Newton was the only one who asked “Why?” Bernard M. Baruch
- [Science is] a great game. It is inspiring and refreshing. The playing field is the universe itself. Isidor Isaac Rabi
- Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth. Jules Verne
- We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that needs to be done. Alan Turing
- Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science. Edwin Powell Hubble
- Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it. Albert Einstein
- “It’s pretty confusing.”
“Good. Be confused. Confusion is where inspiration comes from”. Robyn Mundell
- When kids look up to great scientists the way they do musicians, actors [and sports figures], civilization will jump to the next level. Brian Greene
- Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and a collection of facts is not necessarily science. Jules Henri Poincaré
Inspirational Science Quotes for Kids to Understand the Interconnection of All Things
Education at its best is not just the piling on of information, but mostly the stimulation to question and explore. The scientists of the future are created from early years on, providing that work is done towards the promotion of imagination, creativity and divergent thinking. These quotes will give you the ground where to start a fascinating conversation with your kids!
- Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars. Serbian Proverb
- How inappropriate to call this planet “Earth”, when it is clearly “Ocean”. Arthur C. Clarke
- Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion? Oliver Heaviside
- Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and the telescope. Theodore Roszak
- Miracles are not contrary to nature but only contrary to what we know about nature. Augustine
- If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live. Maurice Maeterlinck
- When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it is tied to everything else in the universe. John Muir
- Student: Dr. Einstein, Aren’t these the same questions as last year’s [physics] final exam?
Einstein: Yes; But this year the answers are different.
- You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat. Albert Einstein
Did you like this post?
You may also like: