When you’re about to celebrate the all-American day of Thanksgiving, you’ll probably do it with your family – children included. That probably means that you might have to talk to them about the true value of gratitude. These carefully selected famous Thanksgiving quotes for kids will inspire you.
This November, feel free to read and share with kids of all ages. You might also want to print these quotes and hand them out to your audience, so we’ve prepared a free printable PDF for you.
Table of Contents
- What do we celebrate on Thanksgiving? An explanation for kids
- What is the value of gratitude? A child-friendly definition
- Thanksgiving Quotes for kids
- Free Printable PDF with Thanksgiving quotes for kids
What do we celebrate on Thanksgiving? An explanation for kids
On Thanksgiving, we celebrate the idea of being thankful and grateful for the good things in our lives. It’s like a special day to say “thank you” to the people we love and to be happy for all the wonderful things we have, like family and friends.
We also remember the time long ago when some new friends from far away called Pilgrims and Native Americans shared a big meal together to celebrate their friendship and the good harvest of food. So,
Thanksgiving is all about being kind, saying thanks, and enjoying a yummy feast with the people we care about.
What is the value of gratitude? A child-friendly definition
Gratitude is like a magic feeling that makes our hearts happy. It means saying “thank you” for the good things in our lives, like when someone helps us or when we have food to eat and a cozy home.
When we feel grateful, we become more joyful and appreciate all the special moments and people around us. It’s like a superpower that helps us see how lucky we are and makes our world a brighter and happier place.
Thanksgiving Quotes for kids
Here’s a collection of famous quotes that might help a child appreciate the meaning of Thanksgiving Day.
- What if, today, we were grateful for everything? Charlie Brown
- Gratitude can turn a meal into a feast. Melody Beattie
- If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share. W. Clement Stone
- An attitude of gratitude brings great things. Yogi Bhajan
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. Oscar Wilde
- The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time. Douglas Wood
- Live a life full of humility, gratitude, intellectual curiosity, and never stop learning. GZA
- Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches. Richelle E. Goodrich
- Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude. Nigel Hamilton
- Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. Mark Twain
- When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. Maya Angelou
- Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. Aesop
- Focusing on one thing that you are grateful for increases the energy of gratitude and rises the joy inside yourself. Oprah Winfrey
- I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage. Erma Bombeck
- We are all more blind to what we have than to what we have not. Audre Lorde
- Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present. Bil Keane
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
- If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we’d all be much happier. John Wooden
- Gratitude opens the door, the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude. Deepak Chopra
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust
Free Printable PDF with Thanksgiving quotes for kids
Would you like to print these quotes out?
Like it? Pin it!
Famous Quotes for Kids
Our carefully curated articles with famous quotes that kids can relate to.
Did you like this post?
You may also like: